Monday, December 8, 2008

Embarrassing Moments

My sister Emily posted some embarrassing moments on her blog.  Very funny stuff.  And so, inspired by my li'l sis, I will share a few embarrassing moments from my life.

In high school, I had a crush on a very cute upperclassman boy.  I even joined a club he was in because he was in it.  (Very embarrassing now.)  Anyhow, one snowy, cold winter's day I stayed after school for a meeting of Nature Club (I think that is what it was called, but I can't remember anything we did or what it was all about).  After the meeting, he offered me a ride home.  I was giddy with delight!  Him and me together for a 3.5 minute drive!  Three and a half minutes of mind-boggling teen conversation... I don't really remember that, but I'm sure it was great... or whatever. 
As we reached the end of my parents' driveway, my youngest brother's preschool bus pulled up to drop him off.  Ben must have been four at the time.  Just a little guy. 
My crush-boy told me to get Ben from the bus and he would take us up the driveway (it is a very long driveway... 500 feet long, I think).  So I got Ben from the bus and carried him to the car and sat him on my lap.  Ben wasn't very awake.  As we progressed up the driveway, my lap became warmer and warmer...the kind of warmth that spreads too quickly to be anything normal.  Pee!  Ben peed all over my lap!  In front of this boy I liked!  In his car! 
I was mortified as I got out of the car with soaking wet jeans clinging to my thighs.  Sleeping four-year-olds just aren't embarrassed that easily I guess... Ben didn't seem to mind at all.

Embarrassing moments are rare for me... just kidding.  Most often they involve glancing in the mirror after a busy day and realizing I had kid-crust all over my shoulder.  Or a Dora the Explorer sticker on my belly below the point where I can see now.  Or a hairstyle that went awry... completely awful. 

So at the baby shower brunch on Saturday, I was drinking a lot of water.  And the waiter kept refilling my glass with ice water.  The ice was building up with all the refills.  The water/ice ratio was getting way out of whack.  I was thirstily trying to get the last sip from my cup of ice, when the ice suddenly shifted, causing an avalanche of water and ice down the front of my shirt onto my protruding belly.  Very cool.  My friend Kristal was in the middle of taking pictures of the brunch party.  I was trying to blot up the water spots before anyone noticed.  The camera turned to me.  I had to think fast... here it is.  Cool.


So what have you done that is embarrassing?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was at the fragile pre-pubescent age of 10, my brother pantsed me in front of the neighbor girl, who is now my sister-in-law. I was wearing swim trunks.

I've had some pretty red-faced moments since then, but nothing that quite compares.

Marjorie said...

K, that picture of me is pretty embarrassing!

Beth said...

haha, i remember when that happened! not because i was there to see that ben had shishi'd all over you, but i definately remember hearing and laughing about it!