Monday, December 8, 2008

Jolly bellies and amazing friends


I have often lamented the fact that my sisters live so far from Chicago.  I have three sisters, plus eight amazing sisters-in-law.  Unfortunately, we have no family in Chicago.
Thankfully, I have some truly wonderful girlfriends in Chicago.  These women are beautiful, fun, talented, accomplished, smart, crafty, articulate, inspiring... I am blessed to have them close by.  They have been my surrogate sisters.
On Saturday I went to brunch with a bunch of these friends at Feast in Bucktown (yum).  These ladies surprised me by turning brunch into a surprise baby shower!  Shocker (complete with blushing)!
Santa stopped by our table... and we had to get a belly shot.  Mine is real.

These gals are so great!


On Saturday afternoon, I went with a couple other girlfriends to see Twilight.  I liked the movie.  Of course it isn't as good as the book, but entertaining... and we had a great discussion about it all... book and movie.  I'm glad I got to see in with the ladies... who understand.  Andy wasn't wanting to see that one.
All in all, a fantastic day with my Chicago sisters!

1 comments:

Heidi said...

I am so sorry I missed this! We were supposed to take our car in...but in the end the guy was too busy. :(