Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Ella Jenkins was here!

ella jenkins alli ruby 1 

We are so lucky!  Ella Jenkins did a concert at Alli's school today!  This woman is remarkable!  She has been making educational music for children for... a really, really long time.  I heard her music as a kid.  She is in her eighties, but has enough energy to enchant a crowd of 3-8 year-olds for over an hour.  She emits so much kindness, dignity and intelligence.  Her voice is rich with age and wisdom.  I was fascinated watching her perform.  She sang and played the ukulele, harmonica, and drums.  She sang songs in Italian, Japanese,  and Spanish.  She involved the children and kept them entertained.

When I am eighty, I want to be like her.

1 comments:

Steph said...

Ohhhhh, I heart the ukulele and harmonica...Hawaii Memories! I totally would love some jam and that salad sounds Amazing! Yum! I as well took advantage of Stanleys sale...gotta love Stanleys in the summer!