Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Reflections on today

It has been one of those days... it feels like everything I have done has been undone much too quickly.

* I put on makeup this morning.  You would never know now.

* I mopped the kitchen floor this afternoon.  Big mistake.  I just redid it now that the girls are in bed.

* I cleaned my office. (sigh)

* I cleaned the giant mirror in the kitchen.  Those fingerprints mysteriously reappear within minutes.

* I folded a basket of laundry... which ended up dumped on the floor.

* I cleaned the toilet.  'Nuf said.

* I put clothes on Ruby... and I had to do it three more times today.

ruby naked 1

Ruby has discovered that she can take all her clothes off.  And diaper.  She plays until I discover her nakedness, then she runs away laughing.  This is her new favorite game (beating out peek-a-boo and ring-around-the-rosy).  Sometimes she strips down and then puts her favorite pink shoes on.  Bare bottom, not barefoot.  (Note: in the picture, her diaper is the white blob out on the patio in the background.) 

It's not all bad.  We had bundles of fun today too.  We went to the Ella Jenkins concert.  We had a picnic lunch.  Paige came over and the girls had a fabulous tea (lemonade) party... complete with costumes and wands.  I think they were assorted fairies (Paige was a mermaid fairy, Alli was an angel fairy, and Ruby was just a silly fairy).  The girls giggled and laughed and pretended to be great characters all afternoon.

tea party 1 tea party 2

tea party 3 tea party 4

The daily grind can be brutal, but there are plenty of amazing moments to enjoy.  I am blessed to be a mom.  It is tough keeping the house clean, but I am blessed to have a house. 

My blessing list is much longer than my undone list today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun (the tea party, not mopping the floor, cleaning the toilet, or chasing a diaperless baby)! I haven't been to a tea party in ages! You have a great perspective, Karyn!

Anonymous said...

What fun memories those two little girls are making.

Heather said...

Great post Karyn. So real, so true. I love the tea party. I think we need to have one this week too.

Anonymous said...

I'm Kris Tina's sister and I like you. My life is getting so complicated that I'm worried I'm going to miss the fairy tea parties. I know everyone says this (and it is annoying) but it does go by fast. You've got great perspective.

Anonymous said...

just leave hernaked mum her littletight ass ready any time i want it herpussy always in view