Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Let them eat cake!

cake 1 alli cake 1

I just completed a beginner cake decorating class.  My friend Alison and I took the Wilton I  Course at JoAnn's.  It was four weeks of fun and frosting... and getting away for a few hours.

Anyhow, this was my final cake. 

What you can't see is that Ruby destroyed the top layer moments before class.  She really wanted to eat the cake filled with pudding.  She tore open the top layer to get at the pudding filling.  I pieced the top layer back together with frosting... and covered it all up with more frosting.  She was mad that I took the cake away.

When I got home Alli and Ruby got to peek at the cake.  They were so anxious to eat it.  But they had to wait.  The missionaries came over for dinner tonight, and this cake was dessert.

As excited as they were about the cake, they actually just ate the frosting off of their pieces... and the pudding out of the middle.

4 comments:

Kris Tina said...

I'd like to make the comment, "Wow - that cake looks good enough to eat!" but I'll resist. But it does look pretty awesome.

Anonymous said...

Looks great! I am impressed (but not surprised)!

Anonymous said...

Great Job! You had better be careful because Andy will think you can go into the cake business and support him.
Joyce

Heather said...

Of course it is beautiful, I would expect that from you. If only you could work in some scissors...