Monday, April 14, 2008

Forty Years

Bill Shirley 1968 color copy

My parents celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary last weekend.  Forty years together.

40 years together.

90 months pregnant.

10 kids.

50,000 diapers (estimate)... more than half cloth diapers.

5 Suburbans.

7 kids put through college.  2 in the middle of college.

8 weddings.

22 grandkids.

2,016 date nights (estimate).

 

I am lucky to come from such a great couple.  They are a shining example of love and determination and hard work.

Happy Anniversary!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute couple!

Heather said...

Wow! Isn't it amazing when you break it down and look at it like you did? I feel so lucky to come from great parents too.
It looks like you have been busy. I have been wondering about what you have been up to...now I know. I just love blogs!

K said...

is that picture real? they look like kids faces photoshoped in!

Karyn said...

They were just kids. 16 and 17