Sunday, November 2, 2008

Lots o' Halloween FUN!

Halloween was loads of fun all day long!  Here's a rundown of our day...

I dropped Alli the adorable pirate off at school and ran (well, drove in the car impatiently) to the store for a few last-minute necessities.  I tried to get Ruby's pumpkin costume on her, and she decided that she wanted to be a princess.  Sometimes there is no point arguing with her... especially when we have enough princess gear to outfit the whole neighborhood!  So Ruby was a last-minute princess... complete with sunglasses.  Of course.
 
The Princess and I (a witch) were back at the preschool by 10:30 for the Halloween party.  I was in charge of the craft.  We made glove puppets with five little pumpkins on the fingers to go with the Halloween rhyme.  Very fun.
 
Ruby loves hanging out at Alli's preschool.  She played with some of her other pre-preschool friends who were there.

After school, we walked to the King's house for lunch and a play-date.  We saw a cute hotdog on the way. 
 
I ran back to the school for a quick parent-teacher conference.  Alli is brilliant and nice... and, did I mention, the cutest pirate ever!


I had my 30-week prenatal check-up after that.  (Can you believe I am in the third trimester already!?)  The office where I see the midwives was flooded, so that was an adventure.  My file was flooded... it was somewhere drying out.  Alli and Ruby were with me.  The nurses loved the little pirate and princess (still wearing her sunglasses).  Alli was thrilled to hear the baby's heartbeat... I wish I had my camera to take a picture of her ear-to-ear smile (but that might be weird to take a camera to a OB/GYN appointment).

We rushed home from the appointment ("rushed" in Friday, downtown, post-work traffic) to get ready for a BBQ and trick-or-treating.  We invited a bunch of friends and friends-of-friends to come over for a quick dinner (this was a first American Halloween for some of our friends!).  We made mummy hotdogs (aka- pigs in a blanket) and hamburgers.  I had too much going on to prepare for the party and I blackened the first batch of burgers.  Andy was supposed to be home, but couldn't escape the office as planned.  Ruby spilled a little water on her princess dress moments before our friends came.  She was in tights only when they arrived.  Things were a little hairy at home for a moment or two. 

Our wonderful friends showed up and helped with the last preparations for the BBQ.  Someone took over the grill (and did a great job on the second batch of burgers).  It all came together.  Andy took over as grill-master when he got home.  We all ate and had fun.

Luckily the pumpkin costume was ready to go!  Ruby was a pumpkin after all.


The weather was gorgeous for trick-or-treating.  I wore short sleeves... and cat ears thanks to Ruby.  The parents herded the kids (lots of them!) down the block, door-to-door, constantly reminding them to say "thank you."  The kids were delighted with all the goodies they collected.  I was delighted with the Heath Bar Alli got. 


The evening wound down.  Alli went to bed easily.  Ruby was on a sugar buzz and didn't go to sleep until nearly 10pm.  Fun.

More from Marjorie here.
More from Missy here... if you are in on that blog.  :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the sunglasses! What a character!