Saturday, November 15, 2008

Oh the weather outside is frightful... well, it's coming anyhow

Despite the falling temperatures, Alli and Ruby have had a busy week. 

They spent some time as puppies.

Alli created their costumes with panties and socks (clean ones, of course).  They had strips of fabric for tails too.  Pretty creative.

We bundled up and went to the park.  The tire swing was finally fixed, so Alli and Ruby put it to good use.  Alli likes to push Ruby.  I like that too.


Other fun things this week:

We dressed up as carolers (we put on our winter accessories like mittens and scarves and stuff) and practiced our Christmas carols (Alli's idea).  We need to brush up on those.  The fish really liked the serenade.  So did "Emilia" and "Jonathan" (the wooden pilgrim decorations).  Emilia and Jonathan even joined in for an extra song (according to Alli).

On Friday, Ruby and I went to Alli's preschool to make a craft with the class.  We made magnetic fishing poles and felt fish.  The kids glued on eyes, jewels, fins, etc.  Ruby loves to visit preschool... leaving always requires me carrying her out while she tries to kick her shoes off so I have to turn around and go back.

Two birthday parties!  (Need I say more!?)


We taped a long piece of paper to the mirror wall in the kitchen and drew a mural on it.


We made cookies... twice.  I think I ate most of them... for the baby.

Flu shots for me and Andy!  Alli and Ruby were delighted that they didn't need them (they got them last month).  I guess flu shots are most fun when you don't have to get poked.  They got stickers anyhow... those tricky little cuties!

We decorated some Christmas ornaments.  Ruby ended up with glitter glue in her hair.  Festive.

I think the cold weather has me in panic-mode preparing for winter.  Chicago winter means we will be cooped up for a few months doing indoor activities... especially with baby coming!

What will you be doing this winter to stay sane?

0 comments: