Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Ice Cream American Dream

Did you know that Ben and Jerry's was giving out free ice cream today from 5-8pm in celebration of election day? 

It is 8:30pm, and I just found out about this.

I voted today. 

The news warned of long lines.  Be prepared to wait HOURS!

No problem.  I did not have to wait at all.  The toughest part was communicating the spelling of my last name to the toothless volunteer.  N-I-C...  and she looks up M-A-C.  It took a few tries to get it right, but we found my name and I was handed the most gigantic ballot ever!  HUGE! 

Big ballot.  Tiny booth.  Dim lights.  Small print.  Drawing straight lines.

Seriously though, I am thankful to live in a country where my vote counts. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have checked out my other blog. I let everyone know about free ice cream (and Krispy Kreme)!

Beth said...

i got mine! i choose whirled peace as my flavor, seemed appropriate for the day.