Sunday, November 30, 2008

oh so thankful!

I am thankful for a wonderful week.  Here are some of the highlights:

Alli had pajama day at school.  Always a highlight.  I took the girls to the zoo for Mr. Singer's music time.  We stayed to feed the cows and watch them be milked.



I got a haircut!  Andy came home a bit early on Wednesday, so I took off to the salon for a much needed trim.  My hair looked great until Sunday, when I finally washed it.  Also, the 34+ week belly (a better picture than last week... it must've been the sweater)...


We had a lovely Thanksgiving Day feast with some friends nearby and the missionaries.


We all pitched in to make some yummy food.  And we all pitched in to eat the food.  Despite our best efforts there were lots of leftovers.

We put up our Christmas tree Thursday night.  (I know, we are jumping straight from one holiday to another... as evidenced by Alli's turkey hat and Ruby's Santa hat.)  The tree is tall and skinny (and fake).  It has brought magic to our living room.  Most of the decorations are hung between 2-3 feet high except the breakable ones which are near the top of the tree... not all the breakables... we have broken two ornaments so far.  I love having the Christmas tree up, and I love all of our mismatched ornaments.  Old, new, beautiful, "special"... we've got them all.


I took Alli to a Christmas ballet show on Saturday.  We went with some friends for a girls' afternoon out.  I loved watching Alli and the other little girls dance like ballerinas in the aisles during intermission.


Andy and I took Alli and Ruby to the zoo on Saturday night to see the lights.  We left the camera at home.  It was lovely though.  Hearing their "oohs" and "aahs" never gets old.  They sat on Santa's lap at the zoo.  There were no tears this year, only smiles.  Unfortunately, we left the camera at home.  These pictures are from the cell phone.


Andy was home all day Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday!  This was
the best treat of all.  He finished the toe kicks in the kitchen.  I
love having that project done!


2 comments:

Alison said...

We had so much fun with you guys! Thanks for sharing some of your weekend with us! We love you!

Melissa said...

Karyn, you look fabulous!