Tuesday, November 18, 2008

'tis the season

Our whole family got flu shots.  The girls got them last month.  Andy and I got them Saturday.  No fun, but necessary. 

Yesterday Ruby got sick.  Luckily she threw up on the floor in the kitchen (easier to clean up than on the couch or rug).  She was only sick for a few hours (one barf)!  I don't know for sure, but maybe the flu shot helped.

In related news, Alli and Ruby were playing pretend with some dolls.  The dolls were being naughty and Ruby was going to put them on time out.  Alli said, "No, let's give them flu shots instead!"  I had to smile.  Alli took the shot as if it were torture!  She needed to be held down.  Two nurses and I had to make the shot happen.  She hollered and cried until the poke came, then she was absolutely silent, until the needle came out.  Much worse than time out!

Not really a punishment though.



PS- I updated my other blog!

1 comments:

Janis Mars Wunderlich said...

I can relate with the surprise barfing incident.
The morning after I arrived home from my fun visit to Chicago, Emma SURPRISE! threw up right during Stake Conference.
Never a dull moment!
It was apparently a quicky virus, too, because she was bouncing off the walls the next day.
Good times!