Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Art Imitating Life

Can you picture 90-year-old Great-Grandma Janet in shiny red heels dancing the night away with careless abandon?!  Alli can.

She has a fantastic imagination. 

Sometimes Alli likes to make collages with my QuicKutz die cuts.  This was her latest.

alli grandma picture alli grandma picture detail

When she finished she declared, "This is Great-Grandma Janet dancing!"

 IMG_5581

This is Great-Grandma Janet holding 3-month-old Ruby.

Great-Grandma Janet's dancing days are over, but her dancing spirit shines through... especially in the eyes of her great-granddaughter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great-Grandma Janet will be thrilled to see these pictures and especially to know that Ali thinks of her dancing! I'm sure she was a very good dancer.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I feel like I don't fit in with my family. I obviously did not get any of my grandma's dancing abilities, and I don't have any of my daughter's artistic abilities. I don't mind it, my family loves me all the same.