Thursday, January 17, 2008

Night time routine

A month ago Ruby was crazy at night time.  Crazy.  And she would not go to bed without a fight.  Alli did not like bedtime either.

All that has changed.

Alli got a CD player for her birthday.  She listens to stories on CD at bedtime.  She loves it so much that she goes to bed early without complaint.  Once I turn on the stories, I don't hear another peep from her.  Andy downloaded a bunch of free stories off of this website and burned them onto a CD.  Andy is awesome.

Ruby no longer fights bedtime either.  Tonight, I held her hand and walked her to her trundle bed.  She got into bed, I pulled up the covers and kissed her.  And she stayed there.  She is sleeping through the night in the trundle.

It took some hard work, late nights, and persistence, but I am quite happy with the bedtime routine.

We have come a long way... baby.

2 comments:

Nicole and Scott Kesten said...

karyn- congrats! amazing how that changes your evenings!

p.s. i just posted last night "a retrospective post" and i thought in my head.. "this is a karyn like post" :)

hope you are doing well... still thinking about that half.. are you game?

Karyn said...

It is hard to think about doing anything outside right now. But spring will come. I am a strong maybe for the half. :)