Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Picky Picky

Ruby was watching as I chopped vegetables to make soup yesterday.  She pointed to the cutting board and said, "Try it."  Which means she wants a taste.  So I offered her zucchini. 

No. 

Corn? 

No. 

Beans? 

No. 

Cabbage? 

No. 

Tomatoes? 

No.

Garlic?

Yes.

So I gave her a small chunk of garlic expecting an instant spit-out and protest.  I waited.  She chewed that garlic up and asked for more.  She had about half a clove of garlic by the time she was through. 

Ruby face

And bad breath.

 

What strange things do your kids (or you) eat?

3 comments:

Emily said...

kalamata olives, cooked onions, flour, brown sugar.

you used to eat plain butter. that's weird.

stephasauri said...

Back when Mike and I were single and in college, he came over to my apartment and somehow I found out that for dinner he had eaten a cake mix because there wasn't anything else in the cupboard. He didn't just eat the powdered mix. He took time to add eggs, oil, and water, but was just too hungry to wait for it to bake, so he ate the entire bowl of batter. I realized then how bad he needed me. Three years and fifty pounds later, I have done my best do make sure that Mike hasn't had to resort to cake batter for even a single meal because that's just plain gross!

Karyn said...

Wow Mike. That is pretty desperate. I'm glad Steph can take care of you.